Tuesday, August 16, 2005

New Gadget, & TNP Progress

I've added yet another gadget to my sidebar, a little bar that shows my progress on TNP (the novel I'm writing). School preparation has unfortunately encroached upon my writing time. That's the bad news. The good news is that I'm still plugging away at it. I'm estimating that the draft will be 500 pages (which means the first revision draft will be 300 pages, and the second revision fewer than that ...).

I hit a milestone yesterday in the story. Or, my two main characters hit a milestone. So that's good.

I'm surprised at how macabre some of this book is. I thought it would be an intense little story, but I never expected some of the disturbing scenes of pain and death that seem to be flowing from my pen. Perhaps I am just building my writing muscles by writing some things to the extreme, and am destined to edit them out in the subsequent revision. Then again, maybe they're supposed to be there. I'm just writing what comes to me, and don't worry about it as long as everything fits into the overall framework in my mind.

I haven't been blogging much lately. Between school preparation, writing, piano, and tennis (yes, tennis! Ha!), I haven't been plugged in to the online world very much of late.

No comments: