Sunday, July 10, 2005

Meme-Time Again

I found this at Reflections in d minor. Why are these things so hard to resist filling out and posting for all to read?

10 years ago: Unmarried, halfway through grad school, had recently fallen deeply in love with someone I would later be engaged to, but wouldn’t marry.

5 years ago: Thru-hiking the AT! If I remember right, I was somewhere in the Maine/New Hampshire vicinity.

1 year ago: I was newly and happily married, but was also deeply depressed and frustrated with life.

Yesterday: I finished up work at Café Teria and got back to work on my novel. Played the piano till midnight. (Hubster was away for the weekend.)

Today: Went to church this morning, and afterward went to a wedding shower for a couple in our church.

Tomorrow: Working on the novel in the morning, then going to my new part-time job in the afternoon. Somewhere in there, I’m going to have a couple hours of piano practice, plus an hour or so of exercise.

5 snacks I enjoy: Ritz crackers, amaretto truffles, red wine (is that a snack?), chocolate-chip cookies, bizzini (a natural-food snack you can get at Earth Fare).

5 bands that I know the lyrics of MOST of their songs: The Eagles, Rick Springfield (is he a band?), Billy Joel (if Rick can be a band, then so can Billy), Bart Ramsey & Neti Vaan (local band in New Orleans), The Carpenters

5 things I would do with $100,000,000: Pay off my paltry debts. Get a housekeeper. Write books. Travel the world incognito. Surprise people with anonymous gifts.

5 locations I’d like to run away to: I have no clue. I’m pretty happy where I am right now.

5 bad habits I have: Eating too much junk food. Watching Law and Order: SVU reruns when I could be writing or practicing piano. Telling people "yes" when I really mean "no," and then finally telling them "no" at the last minute. Not e-mailing or writing people back in a timely manner (I am really bad about this). Not spoiling Hubster enough.

5 things I like doing: Walking. Being in the presence of books. Listening to music. Playing piano. Being silly.

5 things I would never wear: Really short shorts. A shirtdress. Stiletto heels. Hoop earrings. A tube top.

5 TV shows I like: Law and Order, Law and Order: SVU, Law and Order: Trial by Jury (boo-hoo, it was cancelled), Into the West, 30-Minute Meals

5 movies I like: Amadeus, Shadowlands, Dead Poets’ Society, Harold and Maude, Shawshank’s Redemption.

5 famous people I’d like to meet: Bob Denver, George W. Bush, Laura Bush, Dick Cheney, Bill Clinton

5 biggest joys at the moment: My novel, my husband, the Smoky Mountains in my backyard, my church, and the cats.

5 favorite toys: The computer, George, the dictionary, the catnip we’re growing (hours of fun! just add cat!), my issues of Cooking Light magazine.

I'm not tagging anyone. I know some of you are just as weak to meme temptations as I am (and you know who you are!), so I'll look forward to reading your answers! :)

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed the content on your blog about stiletto heels will be back very frequently! I actually have my own stiletto heels exposed blog with all kinds of stuff in it. You�re welcome to com by

    ReplyDelete