Brief Piano Update

Piano lesson was good today! Yes, I'm rusty and a bit out of practice, but the two practices of this week were a big help. I made it through the Dett (almost) without having to slow down (of course, I started with a pretty slow pace in the first place). I'm very excited because I know I'll have this piece before long, now that I again have time to devote to it.

After the Dett, we decided what I'd work on next. Because I've played so little Bach in my life, and because I want to finally play a Prelude & Fugue, Deborah wants me to do a couple of Sinfonias (three-part inventions) in preparation for the P&F.

So we decided on Sinfonia No. 11 in G Minor and Sinfonia No. 15 in B Minor. I know, everything's minor. I wanted something a bit more upbeat, but the B Minor is at least rather fast.

The Chopin Ballade is still on hold. I think I want to focus on my beloved, bejowled, and bewigged one anyway this summer, and perhaps start the Ballade in the fall ... if, that is, I'm even able to take piano and be a first-year teacher at the same time. Hmm.

Comments

Popular Posts