A Short Journal of Today

Since the cardinal sin of a blog is not boredom, I decided I had better get busy writing something. (And this may well test that theory, by the way.) I was told that the worst sin committed in the kingdom of blog was a stale blogsite.

I don't know. A stale blog still sits like a landmark on some long, lonely highway in Kansas that marks the spot where some settlers lived once upon a time. It sort of stirs those who stop long enough to wonder what happened.

Anyway, I thought I'd let you in on what I did on my "off day." Actually, it wasn't much of an offday. I had to do a funeral today. Believe it or not, funerals can sometimes be joyful events, and sometimes they can be horrible. This one was somewhere in between. I think maybe I'll have to dedicate a future post on the pastoral perspective of funerals.

But now, I'm over at my brother-in-law's house preparing for boy's night out. The girls are at their scrapbooking hobby thing till the wee hours of the morning, and we'll be murdering one another on the XBox playing Halo2 and hopefully eating gobs of pizza. Tomorrow, I'm going to buy a new pair of running shoes because mine are worn out. (From cutting grass, not from running.)

So, there was my day in a nutshell. There's nothing like blowing the dust off a blog with the wind of mediocrity.:)

Later!

Comments

Popular Posts