Tagged!

I've been "tagged" by the lovely sparrow to answer some questions.

Here's the scoop on how to play: I pick 5 occupations out of the list below and post my answers. Then I tag 3 other people to post their answers on their blog. If I tag you, and you don't want to be a part of this, then that is okay. Just let me know and I'll tag someone else.

The "questions": If I could be a scientist...If I could be a farmer...If I could be a musician...If I could be a doctor...If I could be a painter...If I could be a gardener...If I could be a missionary...If I could be a chef...If I could be an architect...If I could be a linguist...If I could be a psychologist...If I could be a librarian...If I could be an athlete...If I could be a lawyer...If I could be an inn-keeper...If I could be a professor...If I could be a writer...If I could be a llama-rider...If I could be a bonnie pirate...If I could be an astronaut...If I could be a world famous blogger...If I could be a justice on any one court in the world...If I could be married to any current famous political figure...

If I could be a missionary ... When I was younger, I dreamed of someday becoming a "missionary bard." Basically, I would walk around the country (the world?) with a guitar, singing and telling stories about Jesus. Or, if I didn't walk, I would travel in an off-white Ford Econoline van. Really. Seeing as I'm not so good at the guitar and I can't sing to save my life, I think I would be an advocate for adoption, working with young, pregnant girls, encouraging them to put their babies up for adoption by loving families, and counseling them before and after. I imagine being either in a big city or a very rural area in the U.S. Do missionaries do that?

If I could be a musician ... heh. Remember my missionary bard dream? Well, I think it would be so fun to be a traveling pianist/educator. I would have an off-white Ford Econoline van, a big 'un, and travel all over the country with a grand piano that I'd have to tune whenever I got into town. Once I got into town, I'd go to different schools, or perform at arts centers for kids, or just set up in a parking lot. I'd introduce kids (and adults) to the wonderful world of classical music, and jazz, and play music for them. Somehow I'd love to try my hand(s) at lighting the fire of interest in them for the great composers and great music, before they learn not to love it.

If I could be a librarian ... I would be a children's librarian, hands down, but I'd also drive the bookmobile into poor neighborhoods. I would have an off-white Ford Econoline van filled with library books, and I would go to schools and read to the kids, introducing them to the wonderful world of books. They would call me "The Book Lady." Or "The Van Lady." And they'd love me so much that they'd beg their parents to take them to the library so they could read check out some books and read.

If I could be a lawyer ... blech. I could never be Jack on Law and Order. I couldn't assist in sentencing people to death. I would probably be a defense attorney ... but at the same time, I couldn't, in good conscience, fight for a weak sentence for someone who murders people. It might be nice to be the lawyer who comes in when people's parents have died, and helps to get everything in order. Lawyering as a profession never appealed to me, and I guess I know why. But at least I'd make enough money at it to afford an off-white Ford Econoline van and pursue my missionary bard/musician/librarian dreams!


My dream car (minus the ladder and the shiny white exterior)

If I could be a farmer ... I'd look so cute in overalls and a straw hat! :) Seriously, I'd be a missionary farmer. We met some missionary farmers this past weekend, and they live in Brazil, on a mission of some sort, and they teach students about farming and gardening. The students then go back to their villages--or to other villages--to teach others about farming. Imagine how much of a positive influence those teachers have on numerous villages throughout Brazil. While I imagine having a positive influence on people with my writing, there are so many places in the world that need more concrete help, like learning to farm, that just a few words on a page can provide. So that's what I'd do. If I could be a farmer.

Thanks, sparrow, for tagging me. This was fun! So now it's my turn to tag folks, and I'm tagging Scrabble-player extraordinaire Tina at Corner Chair, INFJ/INFP expert Lora at Black Currant Jam , and poet Violet at promptings.

Comments

Popular Posts