The Piano Practicing Pact

It's 10:00 p.m., and I'm getting ready to go practice George. Yes, it's my bedtime. Yes, I'm tired. Really tired, in fact.

But ... (it seems there's always a great big "but," right?) ...

I made a pact with sparrow that I'd practice. And that she'd practice. And she's already logged her practice time for today. So I can't not practice!

I have two hours before tomorrow begins. And a fourth of those two hours (give or take a few minutes) will be devoted to George. And Wolfgang.

If anyone else would like to join in on our Piano Practicing Pact, just say the word. It can be a commitment to practice any instrument--not just the piano. But remember ... You will be held accountable.

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!

Wednesday Morning Update: I'd planned to practice for 20 or 30 minutes, and ended up practicing for an hour. So this pact thing is working. If I hadn't made a pact with sparrow, I wouldn't have entered the Inner Sanctum at all last night. I would have gone straight to bed. So a great big merci goes to sparrow!

Comments

Popular Posts