Friday, April 8, 2005

New Spirit Eagle Site

Jim and Ginny Owen, a.k.a. "Spirit Eagle," have hiked a gazillion miles that include the Appalachian Trail, Pacific Crest Trail, Continental Divide Trail, John Muir Trail, the Absaroka-Beartooths, the Canadian Rockies, and Alaska. Their site, Spirit Eagle, includes The Thru-Hiking Papers ("ruminations on thruhiking" by Jim--and great reading) and their trail journals (mostly written by Ginny, who is a very good writer).

As Jim says on the opening page, this website is primarily for hikers, but non-hikers will enjoy it as well ("you can at least look at a few pretty pictures," he says!).

I'm adding a link to this site to my list of hiking links. I'm also adding WeatherCarrot's Snow Maps. I was unaware of this site until I had lunch with WeatherCarrot the other day as he and Stitches came through Asheville.

No comments: