Thursday, April 28, 2005

Interview/Coronation Day

Today is a combination interview/coronation day. Yes, I'm being crowned. Read on.

UPDATE

The interview went well. They're not looking for an English lit teacher, though. They're looking for someone to do a handful of different things: teach WRITING (expository/freshman comp type stuff, but also creative writing!!!), work in the LIBRARY (if I were a librarian ...), and teach the S.A.T. PREP COURSE.

I can do that. It's just as much up my alley as English lit would be.

Next week: I meet with the school's personnel committee. Yee-hi.

The crown was a good old exercise in pain management (or lack thereof). They didn't deaden my gums. It was very, very painful. I didn't cry, but I was on the verge of it. I hate, hate, hate, hate going to the dentist.

I'm rather loopy from pain meds, so I'm not sure if I can drive myself to work today. Probably best not to do that. For now, I'm just going to rest. It's not even 11:00 a.m., and it's been a long day already.

No comments: