Wednesday, April 6, 2005

The Great Piano-Practicing Pact Log



This post isn't for everyone. It's only for those who want to take part in The Great Piano Practicing Pact. When you see the piano symbol above in future posts, then you'll know that those are piano-practice posts. Thus you'll be able to read/comment on it or ignore it as desired.

This little challenge is open to anyone who plays an instrument (not just piano) and needs motivation to practice more. I'm guessing the interested folks will be adult amateur musicians like myself ... but others are welcome, too. So far, our Great Piano Practicing Pact pianists are sparrow, dulciana, and maybe Songbird's daughter. Oh, and me. Honorary pact membership goes to Jeanette, who hereby vows to play "Baby Elephant Walk" in her head three times per day (may she get stuck on this piece and end up playing it in her head 300 times per day! Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!).

Here's how it'll work:

Each week or so, I'll post a new practice log here at A Sort of Notebook. Each day, you need to find the practice log post, easily identifiable by the cute piano-keys icon above. (I'll also try to keep it toward the top of the page). In the Comments section, enter your name, the date, and the number of minutes you practiced that day. I'd love to know what you're working on, but don't feel like you have to write that in there if you don't want to. I'll leave my "minutes" in the comments as well.

Each week, I'll post the name of the top practicer. Each month, the top practicer of the month gets a special $1,000 award. JUST KIDDING. But they will have the undying respect of the rest of us. Won't that be rewarding enough? :-D

I'll also be posting links to sites with practicing tips and stuff, for inspiration. When I think about it.

Since the challenge really started yesterday, go ahead and start posting your practice minutes! I'll go first!

I'm such a dork. I'm such a dork. I'm such a dork.

No comments: