Sunday, March 13, 2005

Synchronicity

Life is good. Right now, it's hard for me to believe the profound depression I've been in for the last few months. Strange how one little decision suddenly makes things start falling into place in a way you could never have imagined. Funny how everything comes together when you stop moving in the wrong direction and begin to move in the right one.

I know this is cryptic, but things are not completely in place at this time. The sunlight seems to be trying to makes its way into my little dark world, though. Hopefully I won't scare it off.

P.S. Since I'm no longer on the verge of a nervous breakdown, I've postponed the hiking trip until later in the spring. The wildflowers won't quite be out at the end of March, but they should be in full bloom in late April/early May, which is when I'm rescheduling it for.

7 comments:

  1. When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

    Or you could play the piano.

    Whichever works.

    There is a light at the end of the tunnel, you just have to turn the corner to see it.

    Take care, Auntie Coosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you think winter is an especially hard time for hikers? I know my husband is always low in the short day months.
    Are you the Waterfall AT hiker of 2000? I think you met my husband, Pure Luck. (11 feet tall with--then--long red hair.) He is going to hike the northern half starting May 9th and can't wait to get back out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coosa: LOL, I'm not very good at remembering the knot, but I'll do my best. Thanks :)

    Martha: OK, I've died of shock. You're Pure Luck's wife? How could I forget Pure Luck completely humiliated me in Scrabble at Elmer's? How could I forget Pure Luck, who towered above the rest of us? That's great that he'll be back on the trail! I've decided to do a two-week hike to Trail Days ... with work and other responsbilities, I won't be able to stay out there any longer than that, but we have the PCT on the agenda for '06. Please tell Pure Luck I said hi! Also that I see Not Yet and Macon Track on a regular basis. In fact, Pure Luck came up in our conversation a few weeks ago. We were wondering what ever happened to him.

    Oh yes, winter is ESPECIALLY hard for hikers. But we 2000 AT sobos are tough! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The feeling of being humiliated at Scrabble by Pure Luck is a familar one to me.
    When y'all were on the AT I was not the Mrs., just a romantic connection who sent cookies to maildrops.
    We got married in September of 2002 on top of Mount Chocorua (New Hampshire). Pure Luck has adapted fairly well to family life; you can read about us at my blog, where there are more details about my Scrabble frustrations. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Martha: LOL, Not Yet and I were actually wondering how things turned out with the lady friend he talked about! Glad to see that y'all are happy and that he's still humiliating poor innocent women at Scrabble. I'll be sure to check out your blog tomorrow when I'm not so sleepy. Can't wait to read it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. To Martha--Not Yet and Macon Tracks have a website, FootTravel. It's in my list of hiking links. Pure Luck might enjoy looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're seeing the light. Depression is so hard. :( (hug) I'm also glad I can comment again. Stupid Blogspot.

    ReplyDelete