Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Sick and Tired

I am sick and tired of blogging and am going to be taking a break, a real break, for a while.

I've received several negative e-mails and cannot seem to comment on other blogs without people reading me the wrong way. It started a couple of weeks ago, I posted something complimentary on someone else's blog and they edited my comment. When I asked why, it turns out he'd read my comment in a completely wrong light--had read it as me being smarmy and sarcastic. And his edit of it actually made it sound sarcastic. I'd commented on this person's blog before, so I was left thinking, "Why would he even think I'd write something in that tone?" For the record, that is definitely not my style, on blogs or otherwise. He apologized and everything is fine with him and I probably shouldn't even be writing this ... but it just seemed like it started several instances of people assuming the worst about me.

Today I got rather mean-spirited e-mail and was misunderstood for being "contentious" (not my word) in some totally innocuous comment I'd made on another blog. This time, I'd made what I thought was a witty, tongue-in-cheek comment, but it was misunderstood as something else. What is the deal, people?

So I don't know what's going on. Perhaps my frustrations outside of the blogosphere are leaking into my commenting and posting in the blogosphere. Whatever it is, I have enough to deal with in real life without letting things get to me elsewhere. And this blog isn't all that important in the scheme of things, not even to me, and certainly not to the rest of the world. It's not worth the grief it seems to be giving me of late.

I know this sounds super-sensitive (it is), junior-highish-I-taking-my-ball-and-going-home-ish, but I need to take a break. I'm tired and need to focus my attention elsewhere.

I'll be back in a couple of weeks.

No comments: