Friday, March 11, 2005

Life, Music, Etc., Update

LIFE: Sucks. Really. I've been in a depressive slump for most of the week.

MUSIC: I've done a lot of listening lately, and some playing, and very little composing. Funny how the depressive episodes coincide with periods of creative nonproductivity. We also had a guest one night this week, and it's hard to practice when we have visitors. Not only do I feel like I need to be out chatting with the visitors, but the piano is also in the guest room, and I feel like I'm interrupting the guest's privacy by saying, "OK, I'm going to go hang out in your room, with the door shut, for a couple of hours. Please don't bother me while I'm in there."

There will be an adult piano student gathering and informal recital here in Asheville in a couple of weeks. I'm supposed to be playing the Mozart. It should be fun, even though I'll have spent the four previous days in the woods.

ETC.:Yes, folks, I'm going hiking!!!!

Ever need to just drop everything and head for the wilderness alone? That's what I need to do. Big-time. So the Hubster going to drop me off at a trailhead and I'm going to hike for three and a half days. My head is so full of knots these days; I'm hoping that a nice, long walk will loosen them up a bit.

I just wish I had three or four months, rather than a mere three or four days.

1 comment: