Actually, I'm just feeling profoundly uncreative and tired. So I'm doing memes and quizzes today. My apologies for the Bach-less posts of the last few days. I promise, I'll write more on Bach soon.
If you do this meme, please do let me know in the comments so I can go read your replies!
1. IF YOU COULD BUILD A SECOND HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE? Maine. Or Vermont.
2. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLES OF CLOTHING? My crazy purple gypsy skirts.
3. THE LAST CDs YOU BOUGHT? It was a Goldberg Variations CD that recently came out, but I can't remember who was playing them.
4. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? Used to be 5:00. Lately I can't get up before 7:00.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE? The dishwasher.
6. IF YOU COULD PLAY AN INSTRUMENT, WHAT WOULD IT BE? I do play an instrument. But if I could play a second instrument, it would be the oboe.
7. FAVORITE COLOR? Purple, purple, purple. No, I'm not a 14-year-old girl. But I still love purple.
8. WHICH VEHICLE DO YOU PREFER, SPORTS CAR, MOTORCYCLE, OR SUV? What about van? I prefer vans. Not mini-vans. Big vans. After that, I like trucks. So don't ask me why I drive a Neon.
9. DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE AFTERLIFE? Yes.
10. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK? The Velveteen Rabbit
11. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON? Autumn
12. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT? Yuck. No tattoos here.
13. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPERPOWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE? Psychic powers.
14. CAN YOU JUGGLE? Nope.
15. ONE PERSON/PEOPLE FROM YOUR PAST YOU WISH YOU COULD GO BACK AND TALK TO? My grandfather.
16. WHAT IS UNDER YOUR BED? Cat hair.
17. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE DAY? Sunday.
18. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SUSHI OR HAMBURGER? The sushi restaurant downtown has these really good vegetarian rolls, and I like them a lot better than hamburger. But I don' t like meat sushi.
19. FROM THE PEOPLE WHO NORMALLY READ YOUR BLOG, WHO IS THE MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST? I have no clue. Stacey, if she's reading.
20. ON WHICH BLOG DID YOU FIND THIS MEME? Terminal Degree
21. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FLOWER? Irises, with violets running a close second.
23. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MEAL? I don't know. I love salmon served with asparagus spears. Then again, my favorite "eat-out" meal of late is "The Nantahala" at Nick & Nate's in western NC, which is a pizza with olive-oil glaze (?), garlic, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and oregano. Mmmm.
24. DESCRIBE YOUR PJS. Jeans and t-shirt (but only on the days I'm too tired to change)
25. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BREAKFAST? French toast
26. DO YOU LIKE YOUR JOB? No, not in the least.
27. WHAT IS YOUR DREAM JOB? Famous writer. Who hikes. And plays piano. And still manages to be a dream wife to the hubster.
28. WHAT AGE DO YOU PLAN TO RETIRE? Whenever. Probably at whatever age it is that I finally lose my mind and am committed to a mental institution or nursing home, with my expenses to be paid by the state because I won't have a penny. I do hope they have a piano there, though.
29. WHERE DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER? On the Appalachian Trail in Hanover, New Hampsire.
30. SOMETHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO THAT YOU HAVE NEVER DONE BEFORE. See the redwoods in California. Hike the Continental Divide Trail. Plus lots of other things.