Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Feeling Meme-y Today

Actually, I'm just feeling profoundly uncreative and tired. So I'm doing memes and quizzes today. My apologies for the Bach-less posts of the last few days. I promise, I'll write more on Bach soon.

*********************

If you do this meme, please do let me know in the comments so I can go read your replies!

1. IF YOU COULD BUILD A SECOND HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE? Maine. Or Vermont.

2. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLES OF CLOTHING? My crazy purple gypsy skirts.

3. THE LAST CDs YOU BOUGHT? It was a Goldberg Variations CD that recently came out, but I can't remember who was playing them.

4. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? Used to be 5:00. Lately I can't get up before 7:00.

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE? The dishwasher.

6. IF YOU COULD PLAY AN INSTRUMENT, WHAT WOULD IT BE? I do play an instrument. But if I could play a second instrument, it would be the oboe.

7. FAVORITE COLOR? Purple, purple, purple. No, I'm not a 14-year-old girl. But I still love purple.

8. WHICH VEHICLE DO YOU PREFER, SPORTS CAR, MOTORCYCLE, OR SUV? What about van? I prefer vans. Not mini-vans. Big vans. After that, I like trucks. So don't ask me why I drive a Neon.

9. DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE AFTERLIFE? Yes.

10. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK? The Velveteen Rabbit

11. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON? Autumn

12. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT? Yuck. No tattoos here.

13. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPERPOWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE? Psychic powers.

14. CAN YOU JUGGLE? Nope.

15. ONE PERSON/PEOPLE FROM YOUR PAST YOU WISH YOU COULD GO BACK AND TALK TO? My grandfather.

16. WHAT IS UNDER YOUR BED? Cat hair.

17. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE DAY? Sunday.

18. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SUSHI OR HAMBURGER? The sushi restaurant downtown has these really good vegetarian rolls, and I like them a lot better than hamburger. But I don' t like meat sushi.

19. FROM THE PEOPLE WHO NORMALLY READ YOUR BLOG, WHO IS THE MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST? I have no clue. Stacey, if she's reading.

20. ON WHICH BLOG DID YOU FIND THIS MEME? Terminal Degree

21. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FLOWER? Irises, with violets running a close second.

23. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MEAL? I don't know. I love salmon served with asparagus spears. Then again, my favorite "eat-out" meal of late is "The Nantahala" at Nick & Nate's in western NC, which is a pizza with olive-oil glaze (?), garlic, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and oregano. Mmmm.

24. DESCRIBE YOUR PJS. Jeans and t-shirt (but only on the days I'm too tired to change)

25. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BREAKFAST? French toast

26. DO YOU LIKE YOUR JOB? No, not in the least.

27. WHAT IS YOUR DREAM JOB? Famous writer. Who hikes. And plays piano. And still manages to be a dream wife to the hubster.

28. WHAT AGE DO YOU PLAN TO RETIRE? Whenever. Probably at whatever age it is that I finally lose my mind and am committed to a mental institution or nursing home, with my expenses to be paid by the state because I won't have a penny. I do hope they have a piano there, though.

29. WHERE DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER? On the Appalachian Trail in Hanover, New Hampsire.

30. SOMETHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO THAT YOU HAVE NEVER DONE BEFORE. See the redwoods in California. Hike the Continental Divide Trail. Plus lots of other things.

5 comments:

  1. Did Pure Luck juggle on the trail? He does a lot of juggling, especially when he thinks I am spending too much time in a store and there are any items lying about that might have airborne potential.

    I did this one the other day at http://msongbird.blogspot.com.

    And although I didn't mention it there, I love The Velveteen Rabbit, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Martha, I've tried to comment your blog but am having trouble getting the comments to work. Boo hoo.

    I don't remember if Pure Luck juggled on the trail or not. Seeing at it was quite a bit below zero, and the only things to juggle were snowballs, he probably didn't when I hiked with him. :-)

    The Velveteen Rabbit is such a great book. We actually had a passage from it read at our wedding.

    I'm visiting your blog right now and will try to comment again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm answering this questions on my blog! They're fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn and Kim: Kewl! I'm off to read them now!

    ReplyDelete