Tuesday, January 4, 2005

Good Reads for the Day

Alex Ross links to an interesting article on music and place--or placelessness--by Justin Davidson of Newsday. As I read it in the stark comfort of my glassed-in cubicle, I myself floated on the gorgeousness of Palestrina's Pope Marcellus Mass.



There are a lot of good things to read out there today. I'm struggling to meet a pesky-job deadline, plus I'm depressed as all get-out, so I'm just going to give you some links for now. (My thoughts and commentary later, if I get a chance and am able to find my way out of this funk.) In addition to the one above, Peter Gibbon writes on transforming education and Bill Stuntz writes more on the academic left and the Christian right. And the New York Times (registration required) has an article in which "scientists, futurists and other creative thinkers" answer the question, "What do you believe is true even though you cannot prove it?"



I'm gonna write more about the "Who's Your Daddy" reality show that aired last night. But like I said, I have a deadline to meet for the moment. Grumble, grumble, grumble.

No comments: