Visionise Ethnic Fauna

Visionise Ethnic Fauna. That's an anagram for "I Have A Sinus Infection."



Seriously, it looks like I've come down with a sinus infection of some sort. I've felt like crap for several days now and had a bit of laryngitis the other night. Was hoping I'd feel better if I came to work (plus, I didn't want to miss Music Theory and the piano group class this afternoon), but I don't think I'm going to make it through the day.



When I lived in Baton Rouge and my grandmother (Mom-D) was still alive, I worked just down the street from her apartment in the assisted living facility off of Essen Lane. On days when I felt bad, or tired, or just needed a break, I'd go to her apartment. We'd chat, watch some TV, just relax. I'd go back to work an hour or so later (my company had flex-time), feeling better. I probably visited her two or three times a week, sometimes more.



All morning, I've kept thinking, "I should just go to Mom-D's and visit and rest a bit." And then I remember that I'm no longer in Baton Rouge, and that Mom-D is no longer with us. It makes me sad. She would have been 87 last month.



Oh well. I think I'm going to head home. No use sitting here feeling like crap, unable to work.

Comments

Popular Posts