Gilligan: The Real Hero

A couple of nights ago, I dreamed that I was being guided through Dante's Inferno by ... Gilligan. Yes, the one from the island.



In the dream, it made perfect sense. Gilligan shows up in my dreams every now and then; he's done so ever since I was a little kid. I even wrote down one of the childhood dreams for a creative writing project, and it turned into a rather twisted, drug-induced-sounding short story. Dan begged me not to post it on the blog. In the dream, Gilligan single-handedly saved me from a terrifying dentist appointment with the Professor. And in another one, he rescued me from those awful monsters in "Land of the Lost."



Gilligan was my first love.



But Gilligan as Prometheus? How is it that this book came out in 2001 and I've never even heard of it??



Can someone say, "Amazon.com Christmas Wish List"?



P.S. I learned of this book in this review of the new reality show, "The Real Gilligan's Island," which I did not see. Apparently, I didn't miss much.

Comments

Popular Posts