Tuesday, November 2, 2004

There's an Essay in the Air

It's a miracle. Or a shocker. Waterfall has gone all day without blogging. Truth be told, I wrote the previously posted blog yesterday and saved it for today.



I knew yesterday that today was going to be a really busy day at work. And it has been.



I had a piano lesson today for lunch, and it was emotional. Deep. I have all sorts of thoughts going on in my head as a result of it. I want to blog about it, but it isn't one of those things that I can just write off the top of my head. It's still deep inside my head and needs to form a bit more before it can seep down my arm to the tips of my fingers (and the pen, or keyboard). It'll never be just one of those "off-the-top-of-the-head" kinds of things.



Yes, folks, I believe an essay is taking shape in the old bloggin' noggin.



As if I don't have enough primordial ooze in there already.



It's an essay that mixes together some strong memories, some little-girl attitudes, much sadness, quite a bit of joy, a hint of maturity, some tidbits of African-American musical history, and a dose of good old-fashioned juba dancing.



Oh yes, I think it's gonna be a good one.



I really must get back to work. I can't wait to get home so I can start on this essay. I really think it'll be good--if, of course, I ever manage to finish it. (Finishing things can be a problem for me.)



If I do finish it, I promise to share it with my vast blog-reading audience of 8. It's about time I offered y'all something other than silliness, moodiness, music theory, piano musings, random anniversaries, politics, cat pictures and stories, work woes, shopping adventures, weekend overviews, 80's trivia, and sickeningly sweet husband-adoration.

No comments: