Tuesday, November 2, 2004

Return of the Hearing Aid

This is just too weird.



I watched TV for a bit tonight. Disheartened that Dubya wasn't sweeping the electoral college, I decided my time would be better spent doing non-televisional things. So I made a yummy dinner (white chicken chili, yum!), worked on my essay for a while, fed the Hubster when he got home, then went into the Inner Sanctum for some piano work.



Did some practicing (mostly drills), then worked on theory a bit. An exercise in my music theory workbook inspired me to work on an arrangement of the hymn, "I Surrender All," using secondary dominants. Nothing serious ... just a fun exercise. Very hard work, though, because the whole secondary-dominant thing is so new to me.



Eventually, Dan came in to tell me that Dubya's numbers were looking up. I was glad about that, and decided to come downstairs and get my book so I could read while watching TV and snuggling with Dan (yes, I even multi-task when I snuggle).



So I came downstairs, and what do you suppose was right in the middle of my desk, where I work every night?



My hearing aid. My long-lost hearing aid, which has been lost for three weeks.



It was right there, in broad daylight. I screamed with joy and ran upstairs and gave Hubster a huge hug and a million kisses.



"What is it?" he asked, astonished.



"You found my hearing aid!!" I yelled, then kissed him a million times more.



"No I didn't."



And he really didn't. The hearing aid just magically appeared. I can't imagine that it's been on this desk all that time. I'm a decidedly absent-minded and preoccupied person, but I don't think I'm that bad that I wouldn't see my hearing aid sitting there for three weeks. Particularly when I've been looking for it all that time.



Oh well. I'm a happy girl. I can hear again.

No comments: