Of Interest to My WNC Friends

To those of you who are in western North Carolina, this performance of a work by composer George Crumb should be a good show:



(from an e-mail from my piano teacher, Deborah)

Join us for a really unique, beautiful entertaining concert of the sort rarely seen in Asheville: Judi Lampert, flautist of Asheville Symphony & UNCA is presenting her faculty recital with guests Frances Duff, cello; Roger Cope, guitar; & me (that's Deborah Belcher, for any of you receiving this second generation) piano; in a program of sparkling & listenable 20th century music. The piece I'm playing in is for all electric flute, cello, & piano plus crotales, chisel, paper clip, glass rod, & blue spotlight. Now that I've got your attention, please know that it's a beautiful, evocative piece! Hope you can join us on Sunday. November 21, 4 p. m. in UNCA's Lipinsky Hall -Reception in the Lobby after the music!



Suggested donation ($5 adults) benefits UNCA Music Scholarship Fund.
It ought to be a good concert. I've never heard/seen Crumb's music performed live, so I'm looking forward to it.



Unfortunately I had to miss the Asheville Symphony performance this time around, which is probably ending right about now. Sadness. Next time.

Comments

Popular Posts