Manic Monday

I'm feeling manic today. I'm not sure why. But my poor brain is just tearing from one thing to another and I feel like I could go outside and run five miles right now. (I probably couldn't really do that ... I just feel like I could.)



Thing is, I know exactly what I need to do in order to be able to focus. I need to pack up and go to Beanstreets or Malaprops and write. Write, write, write. I feel like the words and ideas are all jumbled together in my brain like a crowd of people in a stalled elevator. It's stuffy and the prisoners are cranky and tired and starting to smell funny. They need to get out.



It's not like I haven't written lately or anything. Saturday morning I cranked out eight or ten pages, yesterday I wrote quite a bit, and this morning I squeezed in five pages before going to work.



Some of the writing has been on scheduling (how do I fit in more time for music theory? when am I going to find time to practice between now and tomorrow? Should I start waking up at 4:30 instead of 5:00, just so I can fit everything in?). Most of my writing, however, has been on ideas ... creative ideas. Story ideas. This is GOOD. It means God or someone has squeaked some neural WD-40 into my brain grooves. Or laced my Afrin with fairy dust. Something's happening. I took lots of notes on the music/Dett essay that's been forming, and I did a great deal of thinking about the allegory I'm working on. Or at least one of the chapters in it. It's a start. I'm ready to start outlining the essay. Just need to find time to do it.



Piano is in 45 minutes ... that means I can listen to the Kyrie Eleison of Bach's Mass in B minor four times between now and when I leave for my piano lesson. Of course, I'm multi-tasking as always ... believe it or not, I'm also going to get about three pages of software documentation written at the same time. Funny how I can be so productive at work AND listen to Bach all day AND be a blogger. Ah, the Art of Effective Multi-Tasking.



It's Piano Day! Hooray! Hooray!

Comments

Popular Posts