Lagniappe

Several little things to tell the world today.



1. Here's the link to Cousin Shorty's blog. For her latest entry, she announces that, according to the Temperament Sorter I mentioned several days ago, she is an "Idealist," which means she is an iNtuitive Feeler (NF) at her core.



Well, I coulda told her that. She's the same thing as me, only more extraverted.



Only thing is, on her "mood" for the day that she posted this information, she wrote that she was "crushed." Crushed? Is it because she has my same core personality as me, her old and out-of-date Cousin Lanky? Say it isn't so!



2. My "commercial" for 50 Hikes in Louisiana apparently worked, and that wasn't even my intention! While there were "Only 4 left in stock!" yesterday at amazon.com, there are today "Only 3 left in stock!" Many, many thanks to the kind soul who purchased it.



So ... anyone wanna make the number shrink to "Only 2 left in stock!"? It's a great present for the Louisiana outdoor-lover in your life!



3. There are a few musical events going on this weekend. If you're in western North Carolina, I encourage you to check them out. I'm hoping to check them out myself.



Saturday, November 20

Asheville Symphony

Rachel Holland, soprano, & Asheville Symphony Orchestra, Timothy Hankewich, conductor

Program: Masterworks 3: Wagner: Parsifal: Prelude; Strauss: [4] Letzte Lieder; & Mendelssohn: Symphony No. 5 in D, Op. 107 (Reformation)

Thomas Wolfe Auditorium, Civic Center, Asheville 8:00 p.m.

Pre-concert lecture with Timothy Hankewich, conductor, in Civic Center Banquet Hall, at 7:00 p.m.



Sunday, November 21

UNCA Music & UNCA Cultural & Special Events

Judi Lampert, flute, & Deborah Belcher*, piano, with Roger Cope, guitar (Brevard College), & Frances Duff, cello (Asheville SO)

Program: Music from the US, Italy, Brazil, & France

Lipinsky Auditorium, UNCA, Asheville. 4:00 p.m.



*Deborah Belcher is my wonderful piano teacher. She's going to be playing something by George Crumb.

Comments

Popular Posts