Tuesday, November 23, 2004

I Wanted to Stay Home this Morning

I shouldn't say things like that. For all I know, the company could have layoffs tomorrow, and I could find myself without a job, then I'll only WISH I had the luxury to say things like, "I wanted to stay home this morning."



So, for the record. I'm thankful to be employed.



But I still wish I could have stayed home. See, I've started this novel and ideas are literally spilling out onto the page every time I get hold of a pen and open my journal. I feel a great need to write everything down because seeds of thoughts are raining down faster than I can write. And each "seed" has so much potential, so many layers to come. So I want to gather them all up, make sure they aren't whisked from my mind like dandelion floaties before they're recorded, and then plant them and let them take root and begin to grow.



I also feel like I'm in one of those game-show wind tunnels, where thousands of dollars are flying around and the contestant only has 30 seconds to grab as many bills as she can. The ideas are flying around like that.



I'm sure I have a million more metaphors and similes to describe what's going on in my purty blonde head, but I think you probably get the picture.



I'm also feeling curmudgeonly today. That's probably because I want to write fiction but instead I'm writing things like, "Click Start," and "Select an option from the drop-down list," and the ever-ubiquitous, "This page intentionally left blank."



Enough of me-me-me. Here's a cool interactive election map.



Also, did you hear that God's been kicked out of Thanksgiving in Maryland?



No comments: