Dizzy Blonde

I seem to be having inner ear problems this week. I was stone deaf for most of yesterday (made for a frustrating piano lesson), and then last night I got really dizzy, so much that I had to go to bed. Even lying down, with my eyes closed, I was dizzy.



This morning I was still dizzy.



So I called in sick. I can't even walk in a straight line, much less drive. And I feel a little seasick.



I used to get this dizziness a few times a year when I was a kid. I'd have to have another kid lead me around the school, from class to class because I couldn't keep my balance. And bright lights made it worse.



Several years ago, I went to a doctor who did all these tests on me, and then he ran a vibrator over my head in an attempt to make the balance-ball-things in my ears balance out. I had to wear a neck brace for three days straight after that. I even had to sleep sitting up.



After that, I didn't have dizziness problems anymore, until about a year ago. And last night and today have been the worst.



The good news is that my hearing is back, so hopefully the dizziness will go away later today.



Meanwhile, I'm resting, reading, and letting my husband spoil me. This would actually be fun if I felt better.



Enough of that. I hope that a bit of R&R will help me to feel good enough to practice piano in a few hours. The prospect of a three- or four-hour uninterrupted pianokeysia session is a nice one.

Comments

Popular Posts