Friday, October 29, 2004

A Week Without Dan

A week without Dan is like a week without food, exercise, or motivation.



Oh, wait ...



A week without Dan IS a week without food, exercise, or motivation.



Dan left for the Florida Keys last weekend, so I've been home with the cats for a week. I didn't think I'd be lonely (I'm a bit of a loner anyway), but geez ... who knew I was going to miss him this much?



I was like a lonesome kid on a see-saw. When there are two kids are on the see-saw, then the required balance is there and the see-saw will work.



But if there's only one kid, then the see-saw stays off-kilter and won't work. No matter how hard the kid tries.



I've been off-kilter all week. Didn't eat much, didn't exercise, didn't have much motivation at all. Totally felt like the balance of everything in my life was off.



All because I had no Hubbie to help keep things in balance. To keep things right with the world.



I'm so glad my sweet Hubbie is on his way home today. I have missed him terribly. I cannot imagine how the spouses of soldiers in Iraq and elsewhere survive. That has got to be so tough. And Dan was just on a business trip, not a combat mission.



So I really, truly can't complain. Although being a Boy Scout in Key West is probably scary in its own unique way ...



Sigh. I love the hubster. I can't wait to see him again.

2 comments:

  1. Sensational blog. I took pleasure in the site and I
    will go back! Surfing online for blogs like this one
    is worth my time.
    No matter when you are, just stop by and check for my car donation services blog site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unusual blog. I liked the site its from so much I
    have to visit it again! I surf the web for blogs like
    yours in my spare time.
    Hey son, you need to check out my ok oklahoma house cleaning blog!

    ReplyDelete