Coming Up For Air

I'm still in Overwhelmedland. I'm actually drowning in a great murky lake in the center of Overwhelmedland. I stayed home and worked all day yesterday. Conducted a couple of phone interviews, wrote one and a half articles, washed eleventy-one loads of clothes, washed dishes, vacuumed the house, cleaned out cobwebs, did an hour of music theory, dusted, mopped, went to K-Mart, went to the grocery store, went to the library, worked out, made a yummy dinner for Dan, cooked the chicken in preparation for company gumbo tonight ...

s i g h. I didn't get to bed until midnight. I still didn't get to study Precepts, practice piano, or type and post Nocona's journal entries. And my blogging yesterday came to a near-standstill. I was a busy bee.



So I'm still in Overwhelmedland. Overslept this morning, then got to work to learn that I had my annual review in 15 minutes. ACK! Once again, I was scared I would lose my job. Nothing like a bit of early-morning panic to get the blood flowing.



Well, as it turns out, the boss thinks I'm wunnerful and everything is cool. My boss is wunnerful. He really is. Life is good.



Today I am going to perform a magic trick. Somehow my article is going to get written today. I don't know how. I have plenty to do at work. I really, really need Hermione's two-things-at-once spell today. But somehow, that article is going to get written. And my work is going to get done. Somehow. Even though I have music theory at noon and and I need to get home early-shirley this afternoon so I can start cooking gumbo. Looking forward to making gumbo. Chicken and andouille. Yum yum. Maybe I'll pick up some shrimp on the way home, too. I love to make gumbo. The article will be written by the time I am home making gumbo.



Does anyone else find roux-making as relaxing and meditative as I do?



OK, time to sink back down into Overwhelmedland. Glub glub glub.

Comments

Popular Posts