Wednesday, September 8, 2004

Can We PLEASE Go Back To Bed Now?

It's 6:30 a.m. and pitch black outside. We're waiting around, flipping from The Weather Channel to the local news, wondering if I'll be able to get to work. Or if I should even try. Apparently, parts of surrounding towns (Canton and Clyde) are under 3-4 feet of water, and parts of I-40 are shut down due to flooding and mudslides. Sigh. Luckily, we live on a mountain, so flooding isn't a problem (except for our lovely roof leak). Still ... Dan knows several people who are truly flooded, so we are indeed lucky.



To work or not to work? Should I risk the drive to Asheville? Is it a risk at all, or is it perfectly safe? Oh, the indecision! I'm waiting till daylight so I'll at least be able to see what's coming. I have numerous memories of driving through deep water in Louisiana ... hm, I have a story about that. If I have time today, maybe I'll blog it. It's a purty good story. But I can't make any promises, because I have a tight Friday deadline, an eye doctor's appointment, AND a piano lesson on my plate today. The ole Ninster will need to work some scheduling magic here.



Deafness Update: I'm still deaf today. And my ear and jaw hurt. Maybe this is a jaw thing and not an ear thing. All I know is that when Dan says, "Good morning, Wifey!" all I hear is a faint "mrrrr mrrrnnnn mwfffrrrr." Very frustrating!!

1 comment:

  1. ##NAME##, I think I love you. Well, I know that I'm in love with your blog. Just 30 minutes ago, I was searching for ##LINK## websites and I'm blessed to run into your blog from surfing. Great Information!

    ReplyDelete