Tuesday, August 31, 2004

This is Why I Really Want to Watch the GOP Convention

It's not 'cause I'm a news junkie or a language junkie or any of that (even though I'm all of those things). It's not even so I'll see Jan on TV. Not so I can see Laura Bush, or the Bush twins, or Important People Making Important Speeches.

It's because I'm proud of Jan. She had a big role in this thing, and watching it is like watching her child grow up and shine. I am so, so, so proud to see HER shine. It's hard to express. It's just amazing to me to think that an Important Person in this whole convention thing is the same girl who sat in the back of Mrs. Evans' classroom in 1978, giggling with Kelly Bertrand.

I saw a little bit of the convention last night; however, considering I'm up at 4:45 every morning to write before my 6:00 workout, I conked out before the big speeches. The first thing Dan said when I woke him up this morning was, "You missed some great speeches last night."

I'm going to try to stay up tonight. I want to hear Laura Bush, who, in my (admittedly dorky) opinion, is very, very cool. I mean, she's a BOOK person. How cool is that?

2 comments:

  1. Laura Bush personifies a First Lady of which the Nation can be proud. Her speech was outstanding. Wednesday night was also a great night from the tribute to Ronald Reagan through the speeches of Zell Miller and Vice President Cheney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Energizing blog. It blew me away and I loved your
    site. when I have the time to surf the net, i try
    finding blogs as good as your site.
    Search for my nh new hampshire house cleaning blog, please!

    ReplyDelete